Fiat is one of the most respected European-style subcompact sedans. They are very popular in the Bay Area not only because of its size but also for its fuel economy and impressive style. Compared to its sibling, Fiat 500, the 500e has a sporty style, better acceleration, and an electric drivetrain. However, brand new Fiat 500e can hurt your bank account especially if you are on a tight budget.
Buying A Used Fiat 500e
If you want to save but still get the Fiat 500e, there are plenty of used fiat 500e for sale in the market these days. You should not miss out on the chance to get this electric vehicle (EV) because the Fiat EVs have an impressive safety rating and are well-equipped on all its models. The Fiat 500e runs in pure electricity. Even though its mileage is at 84 miles, the vehicle still has a consistent torque and very responsive at speeds that is the usual standard for all electric motors.
Here are the most important reasons why the Fiat 500e is the best choice among the 500-family:
- Performance. The 500e will surely score 10/10 for its performance because it is less bouncy compared to the 500. This is powered by 111 horsepower electric motor and a single-speed transmission. This means that its takeoff is smoother and more effortless compared to the other electric cars.
- Safety. The 500e comes with standard airbags including front and sides. It also has traction and stability controls and active head restraint. This Fiat 500e is already equipped with a rearview camera.
- Comfort And Quality. The 500e focuses more on efficiency rather than space and comfort. The rear seats are smaller compared to the 500. There are key differences in terms of comfort. Many 500e owners can attest that this is by far the smoothest and the quietest member of the 500, thus, it is more relaxing to travel even for long rides.
- Features. The 500e comes with standard 15-inch wheels. The interior has a synthetic leather upholstery, air conditioning, power features, a Bluetooth connection, and also a 5.0 -inch touchscreen for additional infotainment.
- Style. When it comes to the looks, the 500e is not far from the 500 formula that many drivers have learned to love. With the 500e, it has a slightly different front and rear bumpers. The bottom door sills are also different, has a lower drag, and new badges. Still, the interior is closely identical. The 500e still has its signature button headlights and a small grille opening.
- Fuel Usage. According to the EPA, the Fiat 500e is powered by electrons for roughly 84 miles. This range is somewhat low compared to the competitors, but it’s already a good number. Its range is limited because of its size. This vehicle is equipped with a 24-kWh battery and you can recharge it in four hours.
Purchasing a used Fiat 500e is not as complicated as many thought it would be. As long as you know that this is the exact car that you want to purchase, understand the features and benefits that comes with getting this model, then you are good to go. Still, do not rely on the dealers’ words. Do your own research, especially if you are buying a second-hand vehicle.