Australia is a country with huge opportunities and if you are looking to give boost to your career then considering Australia as one of your destination can be a good option. With growing economy it has a huge requirement for skilled work force that the Government is vying to attract skilled workforce from across the globe. Under Employer nomination scheme (subclass 186) skilled workers can apply for permanent residence visa and it is allowed for an individual to work also in Australia. Following are the categories under which you can apply as the skilled workforce.
- The Temporary Residence Transition stream
- The Direct Entry Stream for Australia
- The Agreement stream
Unlike The Temporary Residence Transition stream where you need to work under your employer for continuous two years in Australia, but direct entry stream visa in Australia does not require for you to work under your employer for two years. But you need to pass the formal skills assessments.
The employer can use this stream if they want to nominate an applicant who can work under them as:
- A profession as specified by legislative instrument IMMI 17/058 and IMMI 15/109 which lists certain occupations at ANZSCO skill level one, two, or three
- full-time, ongoing and available for at least two years.
Regional certifying body can help the employers in nomination of the applicants. You may have to pay the charge to regional certifying body for his or her advice on the position you want to fill. The advice given by the regional certifying body can be send to us before or after lodging an employer nomination application online.
Regional certifying bodies include diverse state and territory network agencies which have representatives from local chambers of commerce, local government councils and regional development bodies.
It is mandatory for regional certifying body to provide advice on nomination in absence of which nomination made under the Direct Entry Scheme cannot be approved by the immigration =office of Australia.
Why it is mandatory to get advice from Regional certifying body for Direct Entry scheme?
It becomes mandatory to get advice because it ensures the third party scrutiny of the nominations and they are also familiar with the local labor and market conditions. Immigration office is not always aware about the local trends and for such informations they rely on local agencies like Regional certifying bodies.
There are following criteria against which the nominations re scrutinized.
- There is a need of a paid employee by the employer who is conducting a lawful business in the territory of Australia.
- The terms and conditions will remain same as that for permanent residence having the same kind of employment and in the same location.
- It is not possible to fill the nominations position with the local labour market.
You should include your evidence of the assessment along with your CV. Copies of all your documents related to your qualifications and work experience should also be included. It should be noted that you should be under 45 years of age.